The Jack Baskin School of Engineering is pleased to solicit applications for a one-year Jack Baskin & Peggy Downes Baskin Fellowship. This award is designed to enable an engineering PhD candidate to make swifter progress on their dissertation research by offering one-year fellowship support and in-state tuition remission in the amount of $44,888 (divided among three academic quarters - this works out to be a $8,700 stipend per quarter).
To be eligible for the award, a student must:
- Have completed all PhD coursework (at the time of application).
- Be within normative time and in good academic standing.
DEADLINE to Apply: Monday, September 7, 2020
Apply Here: https://grad.soe.ucsc.
Applicants will submit the following via the link above:
- A 3-4 page extended abstract from the nominee/student describing the students research accomplishments to date and proposed work to be pursued under the fellowship funding during 2020-21. The application should include a detailed plan and quarter-by-quarter timeline for research to be supported by the fellowship.
- A CV/Resume from the nominee/student.
- A letter of support from the faculty adviser evaluating the student’s academic work to date. Note - once the applicant has completed the online application, the faculty advisor will receive an auto-generated message with instructions for submitting their letter of support to the Graduate Advising Office. Faculty advisors will be given an additional week (Sept. 14th) to submit their letters of support.
Applicants (and faculty advisors) will be notified of decisions by Sept. 21st. If you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com.