Spirent Positioning Technology designs, manufactures, and supplies advanced satellite navigation test and simulation systems, many of which comprise radio frequency signal generators and computer systems running complex application software; all designed in-house. These systems are sold all over the world to high-profile organizations and inevitably there are occasional problems experienced by the users such as component failures, software bugs, documentation issues, or the customer may simply need guidance and advice.
You will join a team of global support engineers, dedicated to fulfilling the varied and challenging post-sales technical support requirements of our international customers. In this role, you will work as part of a global support team to provide customers and end-users in the Americas commercial market space with the product and technical support. The role will be primarily working from home with occasional visits to Spirent's San Jose, CA office location and customer site locations, particularly in the San Francisco Bay area, with some other domestic and local travel.
Why Spirent... Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions.
· Respond to incoming Service Requests from customers, sales engineers, and sales team via online networks, email, and telephone.
· Analyze reported problems, replicating and demonstrating them if needed using appropriate dedicated support equipment.
· Suggest, prepare, and deliver solutions to customers for both hardware and software problems.
· Occasional visits to customer premises to troubleshoot and diagnose issues, as well as provide advice and guidance for post-sales technical support and questions.
· Liaise with UK-based engineers to analyze and resolve complex customer issues in software and/or hardware, recording, and documenting resolutions.
· Compile and maintain records of customer issues, product defects, etc., using internal tools (Salesforce).
· Assist Professional Services (PS) team with the delivery of PS engagements if required.
· Provide level 1 hardware repair and calibration services for positioning, navigation, and timing customers in the Americas region.
· Assist in the distribution of software and hardware upgrades to customers.
· Perform calibrations/integrations at customer sites on key product range when required.
· Provide feedback to product management and development teams on customer use cases.
· Generate special test scenarios from customer requests.
· Maintain literature available through the support website.
· Produce technical documents/knowledge base articles.
· Provide customer training on Spirent products either remotely via meeting platforms, or at customers' sites, as required.
· Bachelor's degree in a technical/engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
· Desirable, but not required for graduate students: 5 years of related work experience in a high technology organization with some customer-facing, post-sales technical support experience.
· Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
· Direct and recent experience using standard RF and other test equipment such as power meters, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, and oscilloscopes.
· Problem-solving abilities.
· Flexible and dedicated approach.
· Ability to work and lead autonomously, exercising sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques, to reach desired outcomes.
· Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
· Willingness to travel within the Americas region and occasionally further afield, for around 15-20% of the time.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals and drawings, national and international standards (such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information, and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the employees of the company.
· Knowledge of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) position, navigation, and timing concepts, including constellations and segments, navigation data, orbital parameters of space vehicles, and GNSS reception challenges are highly desired.
· Experience with Precision Time Protocol (PTP) testing and assurance is a plus.
· Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Jira, and Agile is recommended.
Link to LinkedIn add: https://www.linkedin.com/
jobs/search/?currentJobId= 2674769442&f_C=4692&geoId= 92000000