With great pleasure, and on behalf of the UC Santa Cruz Postdocs Association (USPA), we are excited to announce that the 6th Annual UCSC Postdoc Symposium will take place in person on Tuesday May 24, 2022 at the beautiful Seymour Marine Discovery Center! Please see the attached flier for additional information.
Department chairs, administrative staff, and anyone else - please forward and post within your group.
Registration is now OPEN for ALL postdocs, graduate students, faculty, and staff: https://forms.gle/ipoLTbaXjgefCz43A.
ALL postdocs and graduate students are highly encouraged to submit abstracts for posters and talks!
The deadline for abstract submission (as part of the registration process) is May 3rd, 2022. More information and updates will be sent out and posted on the symposium website: https://uspa.ucsc.edu/symposium/
Please register early as in-person attendance for the morning and afternoon sessions will be limited due to space and Covid considerations. In-person attendance will be prioritized for postdocs and graduate students with the remaining spaces provided to early registrants. The evening poster session, social hours, and exhibit exploration will be open to all registrants (more details will be provided soon).
- Keynote addresses from Nobel Laureate Dr. Leland Hartwell and Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies Dr. Peter Biehl. Dr. Karen Miga will be joining us as a third keynote speaker!
- Oral and poster presentations against the backdrop of the beautiful Monterey Bay coastline
- Highlights from the UCSC postdoc and graduate student community
- Catered food and refreshments including breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks
- Evening poster session and mixer with refreshments
- Outstanding Postdoctoral Scholar awards will be announced.
- Best Poster(s) will be awarded.
- Seymour Center exhibit exploration - come pet a shark!
The past two years have been uniquely challenging, and as we look forward to returning to campus life in full swing we see this as an excellent opportunity to highlight the academic achievements of the postdoc and graduate student community here at UCSC!
For any questions, or if you would like to sponsor this or other USPA events, please contact us at email@example.com.