About Us and the Position:
At Knowing Technologies (KT) our aim is clear: Propelling schools forward with a high impact instructional technology program and high-performance infrastructure. We equip schools with the tools needed to create educational experiences students crave, while saving time, eliminating wasteful overspending, and staying competitive.
Founded in 2010, KT is a growing and highly successful educational consulting firm. Our team of motivated former educators and technology architects help clients solve problems — from complex network engineering to critical instructional design — so educators can focus on what’s most important: teaching and learning.
Over the years, KT has evolved its suite of services to more completely embrace the technology needs of our customers. We started as a technology Managed Service Provider (MSP) but realized it’s not enough to just implement technology as a reliable utility. Schools must also build strategies aligned to their unique missions and to effectively prepare students and staff. Our new service delivery model takes a proactive planning and relationship-centered approach to create Technology Solutions Partnerships (TSP) that give schools control of their mission-driven, high-performing technology programs.
The Solutions Architect (SA) sits at the forefront of KT’s mission to grow technology programs and design solutions for K-12 schools. This is a fast-paced, execution-centered, strategic role that requires excellent business acumen, technical aptitude, creativity, and an eye for sales opportunities. You'll leverage your track record of success in strategy and client services with a sharp focus on thrilling customers through crystal-clear strategic technology plans, well-timed remediation and growth projects, and proactive communication and issue management that bring comfort, clarity and joy.
This is not a Sales role, and it’s not an Engineering or Support role. Those roles exist elsewhere at KT. This role is about building trust. It’s about delighting customers with well-founded plans based on technology assessments, staying attuned to and managing the roadblocks and impediments that affect our customer’s journey. All of which makes usstand out as a top technology provider.
Successful candidates will have the professional experience to lead technical analysis and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to build customer confidence and stickiness. If you’re passionate about using technology for educational good and are excited about shaping the direction of a company, we’re looking for you! This role reports to the Director of Customer Solutions and Success and works closely with other technical and instructional innovation staff as part of our nimble, expanding company.
• Build Plans: You will map solutions (initiatives) into a cohesive, sequenced technology roadmap (timeline and budget) that provides clarity to the customer.
• Build Relationships: You will assume customer ownership, including the relationship side of new customer on-boarding; bring customer-first orientation to work—every day; monitor and support positive customerrelations to reflect KT’s company values and position the company as irreplaceable in the customer’s eyes. You will be seen as an irreplaceable expert in technology issues that affect our customers, and your empathic approach to communication tells them that you see their world as they see it.
• Problem-Solve: Collaborate with customers to: a) know them and their felt needs and goals; b) identify short- and long-term evidence-based solutions to reduce reactive noise and increase customer satisfaction (read: peace of mind about and positive experiences with technology), factoring school goals, ticket analyses/trends, technology assessment results and remediation plan sequencing from Technology Alignment Managers (TAMs); c) track and report on roadmap progress establishing credibility as “trusted advisor” in customer’s eyes; d) drive to effective resolution of customer needs; recognize when new customer solutions are appropriate; design and integrate solutions into the customer roadmap when data calls for it.
• Manage: Juggle the urgent vs. the important (reactive requests vs. plotting toward proactive plans), i.e. manage research-related requests sitting between the “help desk” and “project” teams to fill in needed context, determine next steps, and assign an owner to the work--escalate Issues with prudence and wisdom; keep Customer Care and Project Delivery teams accountable to effective and timely delivery; initiate new customer projects w/ specific business case, objectives, requirements, and expectations mapped; liaise with Project Delivery team to see projects to completion and keep customer apprised of progress; own maintenance of trimester reporting on tech backbone and develop micro-strategies to help customers respond to project opportunities rather than react
• Collaborate: Work with TAMs to understand technology needs surfaced from assessments, as well as remediation requirements aligned to negative findings; support Customer Care team development of internal service level agreements and report on quality assurance at KT customer sites; collaborate with Innovation Coaches to present unified message and coordinated service offerings to schools
• Reflect: Determine vital stats for tracking by customer and partner with Customer Success Manager, once hired, to design dashboard and keep pulse; discern themes and share learning on positive momentum, trending customer concerns and delivery gaps surfaced in Customer Success data; produce and present summaries of reactive tickets, time spent, root causes solved, risks identified and lowered – thereby anchoring our value and partnership; document lessons learned and share highlights at KT Town Halls; actively engage in customer prep meetings, providing recommendations and feedback to other customer-facing KT staff relative to the customer's tech roadmap and financial plan as appropriate; espouse continual learning orientation to stay well-versed in EdTech solutions and evolving school landscapes
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 4+ years’ progressive experience in technical project management or tech consulting; delivering diverse technology solutions for education a plus
• Natural relationship-builder with high level of interpersonal maturity and poise–always thinking ahead and in the customer’s best interests
• Strong listening skills with curiosity to ask questions; an action-oriented problem solver able to deliver in a fast- paced environment using superior organizational skills to manage up and laterally, juggle changing priorities, and drive towards deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communicator, with a keen eye for detail and experience producing narrative technology summaries and plans
• Experience creating technology report templates or dashboards
• Familiarity with network infrastructure, cyber security best practices and mobile device management (e.g. Mosyle, Jamf Pro, Meraki Systems Manager, Active Directory and Google Workspace for Education)
• Sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
• Enthusiasm for the KT mission and great appreciation for the opportunity to use technology to transform learning in schools
• Preferred Qualifications: Advanced technical certification such as CCNA, broad experience designing and
delivering infrastructure projects
Location/Travel: KT Headquarters are in Redwood City, CA. Strong preference for candidates based in Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area, but candidates may be based anywhere on the west coast. Remote work possible when not visiting clients. Travel to customer sites and KT Headquarters will be required as needed.
Knowing Technologies is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity as a part of our mission. We do not discriminate in our hiring or employment practices on the basis ofrace, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or otherlegally protected class or status.