UC’s Native American Opportuni
If you are eligible for the Native American Opportunit
To be eligible, students must use this form to submit supporting documentation verifying their membership with a federally recognized tribe and meet all additional eligibility requirements. At that time, the Graduate Division will review your documentation. If approved, we will work with your Graduate Program Coordinator/Advisor to ensure that your tuition and Student Services fees are covered.
When you submit your tribal documentation, please contact Lorato Anderson directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the Native American Opportunit
- Must be a current or newly admitted University of California undergraduate, graduate or professional school student.
- Must be a California Resident.
- Must be an enrolled member in a federally recognized Native American, Am
erican Indian and/or Alaska Native tribe.
- Must be enrolled in a qualifying UC degree program.
Documentation of tribal enrollment may include any of the following:
- Certification of tribal enrollment on tribal letterhead.
- Enrollment/membership card that contains the tribal seal and/or official signature of a tribal leader.
- Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) if the CDIB includes tribal enrollment information.
- Tribal identification card with an enrollment number. You must also submit tribal contact information (address, phone, and email) if it is not evident on submitted documentation.
If you have questions about the Native American Opportunit