Scientific Computing and Applied Mathematics
The Department of Applied Mathematics offers an M.S. program in scientific computing and applied mathematics (SciCAM). SciCAM students learn a combination of cutting-edge computational methods for modern high-performance computing architectures and applied mathematical modeling. The M.S. is ideally suited to meet the increasing need for graduates in the rapidly growing markets of computational mathematics and modeling, and high-performance computing. Such computationally knowledgeable and experienced modelers are highly sought after in industry and government agencies.
- 1-year (accelerated) and 2-year (normal) tracks available
- Vast choice of elective courses allows for various specializations
- Research and coursework tracks available
- Hands-on approach to scientific computing and applied mathematics
- Practical applied mathematical modeling with real world applications
- Small classes, great student-to-faculty ratio
- Diverse, friendly and supportive faculty
- Potential for internships in Silicon Valley
- Scholarships available
Please refer to the Division of Graduate Studies Admissions website for our current application due date.
NOTE: GREs are no longer required for Scientific Computing & Applied Mathematics MS applications