Human Computer Interaction M.S.
Why HCI at UC Santa Cruz?
Technology’s influence on all aspects of life, now and in the near future, has positioned Human Computer Interaction (HCI) as an important and growing field. UCSC’s new Master of Science in Human Computer Interaction is a four-quarter (15 month) program that trains students in core skill sets for human-computer interaction professionals: design methodologies, prototyping and technical build skills, eliciting and integrating subject matter knowledge, designing and conducting efficacy measurements, effective teamwork, and career planning – all within the context of user experience and interaction. Questions regarding the HCI graduate program can be directed to the Graduate Advisor.
Application Opens October 1st, 2020
*GRE is not required nor will it be considered in admissions for HCI M.S. applications.
- Leaders in areas of big data, cyber physical systems, genomics, computational media, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and human-computer interaction
- Interdisciplinary research generates cutting-edge technologies and other innovations
- Focus on engineering for social good
- World-class faculty and thriving research centers
More info regarding the Baskin School of Engineering>>
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the UCSC Human Computer Interaction Master's program offers unprecedented access to HCI industry companies and events.
- Home to the Games & Playable Media, Serious Games, and Natural Language Processing professional Master's degree programs.
- State-of-the-Art facility with multi-disciplinary teaching and research
- Vibrant academic hub at the center of Silicon Valley
More info regarding the Silicon Valley Campus>>
- A campus with world-class facilities and one of the most visually spectacular settings in higher education.
- In 2015, Business Insider listed UCSC as one of the "20 universities most likely to land you a job in Silicon Valley."
- Named to the 2017 US News & World report top 50 Best Global Universities.
- In 2017, UC Santa Cruz was rated 3rd in the world for research influence by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, tied with Stanford University.
More info regarding UCSC>>