Why NLP at UC Santa Cruz?
Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a rapidly growing field that provides key capabilities for many areas of Artificial Intelligence. NLP focuses on the development of computer programs that can understand, generate, and learn from human language, and provides algorithms, methods and tools for analyzing both text and speech for such applications as conversational agents, machine translation, question answering, knowledge discovery from text, sentiment analysis, and text summarization. The UCSC Master of Science in Natural Language Processing provides both depth and breadth in core algorithms and methods for NLP, and integrates foundational skills of data science and machine learning in order to prepare program graduates to work in the Natural Language Processing field in industry, governmental agencies or nonprofit organizations. Questions
Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
"NLP skills are highly desired in industry, and I’m pleased to be on the Industry Advisory Board for this program.”
- Yunyao Li, Senior Research Manager with IBM Almaden Research Center
- Leaders in areas of big data, cyber physical systems, genomics, computational media, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and human-computer interaction
- Interdisciplinary research generates cutting-edge technologies and other innovations
- Focus on engineering for social good
- World-class faculty and thriving research centers
More info regarding the Baskin School of Engineering>>
- Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the UCSC Natural Language Processing Master's program offers unprecedented access to NLP industry companies and events.
- Home to the Games + Playable Media and Human-Computer Interaction professional Master's degree programs.
- State-of-the-Art facility with multi-disciplinary teaching and research
- Vibrant academic hub at the center of Silicon Valley
More info regarding the Silicon Valley Campus>>
- A campus with world-class facilities and one of the most visually spectacular settings in higher education.
- In 2015, Business Insider listed UCSC as one of the "20 universities most likely to land you a job in Silicon Valley."
- Named to the 2017 US News & World report top 50 Best Global Universities.
- In 2017, UC Santa Cruz was rated 3rd in the world for research influence by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, tied with Stanford University.
More info regarding UCSC>>